Thursday 20 February 2020

Learning to Like Traveling


Growing up, I never got to go on vacation that much with my family, and I think I see that now as happening because my parents were home bodies and enjoyed the house they built and the lives they forged. But I also understand that it may have been the way they viewed the intrinsic value of a vacation and how it just wasn’t worth the money spent on it.


I neither blame them or support them for how they chose to stay home all the time. Of course, I’m not that sort of person and never will be in my future. I’m already planning trips abroad with my family. That’s how stoked I am to finally travel. (And hey, maybe that’s because I never actually got to travel when I was young, so now I’ve caught the bug.)

Still, they did what they did for their lives and their happiness, and I have to respect that they lived how they wanted and ended up enjoying their time home so much. I’m still gung-ho on getting them to go on vacation once they retire in two years, so that’ll be something to look forward to. I even think they enjoy the idea of it now that they’ve gotten older and realize their kids are at the age of being able to afford their own vacations. And the more my brother and I go on vacation, the more I see my parents interested and light up when we talk about it.

So, I think our future holds some great things when travel is considered, and I believe mom will love putting more photos in her family photo albums that are currently buried in cardboard boxes in storage. Heck, we haven’t really done much to warrant having photos developed in the past decade as a family, so I’m excited for her to pull out those cardboard boxes, look through some old stuff, and even add some new things to the collection.

I think that so long as you don’t grow too complacent with your life, things will go swimmingly for you and your family. There’s always going to be some change that needs to happen for you to adapt with the times or adapt to your family’s interests, and I already see my parents looking forward to more time spent with their kids on vacations or little travels around the country.

No comments:

Post a Comment